5 Workout Exercises For Beginners
It can be tough to get a new fitness routine started, especially if you haven’t exercised for a while and are out of shape.
You might not know where to start and you may feel embarrassed about your appearance. However, don’t let any of your fears or lack of knowledge get in the way of a healthier lifestyle and fitter body.
There are so many benefits to getting healthier, including increasing your life expectancy, being able to manage daily activities more easily, and enjoying increased levels of energy and confidence.
Below are five workout exercises for beginners. They are ideal when you are first getting back to exercising on a regular basis.
They do not require any equipment, can be performed inside the privacy of your very own home and can all be modified easily to suit your particular fitness level.
This exercise targets your core, shoulders, chest and arms.
- Stand in front of a chair, wall or sturdy piece of furniture.
- Your arms should be shoulder-width apart.
- Place your palms flat on the wall, with your feet out from the wall so that your body is at a slanted angle.
- Breathe out, bend our elbows, and then lean your body into the wall.
- Breathe in and then push your body into the starting position again.
- Make sure to keep your body in a straight line, starting at your neck and all the way down to your heels.
Repeat the exercise 10-15 times.
This is a modified from of traditional squats that has been specifically designed for beginners. It targets your butt, hips and thighs to strengthen your lower body, including the muscles, ligaments and bones. Assisted squats also help to build core strength.
- Stand in front of a chair with your feet shoulder-width apart.
- Your arms should be out in front of you to provide balance.
- Inhale and push in your heels, then bend your legs slowly, while keeping your head held high and your chest open.
- Keep lowering your body until right before your butt touches the floor.
- Breathe out as your push on your heels and return to a standing position.
Repeat this exercise 10-15 times.
Side Leg Lifts
This is one of the best overall workout exercises that you can do. They are fairly easy for a beginner to perform and target your outer thighs and hips.
- Lie on your side with your head on your arm and your legs stacked on top of one another.
- Tighten your top leg and then lift it straight into the air.
- Make sure your body stays in a straight line and that your hips are perpendicular to the ground.
- Hold your leg up for one count, then lower it down until it’s touching your bottom leg.
Repeat 10-15 times for each side.
The Superman Pose
This exercise targets the three major muscles running along your spine. It helps to eliminate neck and back pain, improve your posture and also helps to prevent injuries.
- Lay down on a yoga mat or other comfortable flat surface.
- Lift your arms above your head. Your elbows should be shoulder-width apart.
- Breathe in while lifting your arms and legs off the ground slowly. Your weight should be on your abdomen.
- Count to five, and then breathe out and lower your arms and legs back onto the floor.
Repeat 5 times.
This exercise works the entire core of your body. It also helps with increasing your balance, strengthening your wrists and arms and elongating your spine.
- Face the floor while on your hands and knees.
- Breathe and draw your body up, using your hands to walk forward until you’re on your toes.
- Your hands should be under your shoulders.
- Try to keep a straight line, starting at your shoulders down to your heels, and tighten your stomach muscles.
- Breathe out and hold your pose for approximately 15 seconds before releasing.
Repeat 2 times.
Try These Workout Exercises for Beginners Today!
These 5 workout exercises are ideal for beginners to help strengthen your muscles and get in better shape. You will also want to incorporate some flexibility and cardiovascular exercises into your routine for overall health and fitness.
If you want to learn more ways to lose weight and get rid of belly fat, click this link to learn more. https://youcanbehealthy.to/killing-belly-fat/
About the Author
I live a healthy lifestyle and love inspiring others to take charge of their health. I enjoy sharing what I have learned in my own struggle to lose weight and get healthy. I am enjoying a keto lifestyle and have lost over 40 pounds so far. I have more energy than ever and feel 20 years younger!