Easy Keto Egg Roll in a Bowl
Finding flavorful recipes is so important to keep your meal times exciting when you start living the keto lifestyle. And the best recipes are ones that are quick and easy, too.
If you love egg rolls but don’t want to eat all the unhealthy ingredients in the traditional egg roll, you need to try this dish!
This delicious meal has become so popular that it is often referred to as “crack slaw” because once you try it, you keep craving it.
- 1¼ lb. spicy bulk pork sausage
- ¼ c. water
- 3 c. green cabbage, shredded
- 1 medium carrot, shredded
- ½ t. garlic powder
- 2 T. toasted sesame oil
- ½ T. fresh ginger, finely minced
- 2 T. green onions, chopped
- 1 T. rice vinegar
- 2 T. coconut aminos or tamari
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- Optional garnish:
- 1 T. toasted sesame seeds
- Heat a large high-sided skillet over medium-high heat. Add sausage and cook, breaking the meat into small pieces as it cooks, for approximately 5-6 minutes. Once sausage is no longer pink, remove from heat and carefully drain excess grease from pan. *Safety Tip: Wipe off any excess fat that drips down the side of the pan before returning to burner.
- Return skillet to heat. Add water and scrape up brown bits from the bottom of the pan with a spatula. Reduce heat to medium and add shredded cabbage, carrots, garlic powder, sesame oil, ginger, and green onions. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and cook, stirring frequently, until the cabbage wilts and the carrot softens, approximately 4-5 minutes.
- Add rice vinegar and coconut aminos and stir to combine. Cook another 1-2 minutes or until heated through. Remove from heat and transfer to a serving platter or bowl. Sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds, if using, and serve immediately. Enjoy!
Net Carbs: 6.18g
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Carbohydrate 8.38g||2.8%|
|Dietary Fiber 2.2g||8.8%|
|Vitamin A||Vitamin C|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
You Can Be Healthy Too
If you want it to taste like traditional Asian egg rolls, be sure to add some sesame oil and sesame seeds.
About the Author
I live a healthy lifestyle and love inspiring others to take charge of their health. I enjoy sharing what I have learned in my own struggle to lose weight and get healthy. I am enjoying a keto lifestyle and have lost over 40 pounds so far. I have more energy than ever and feel 20 years younger!