Garlic and Chive Cauliflower Mash
If you are looking for a tasty keto alternative to mashed potatoes, this cauliflower mash is the perfect side dish. It’s full of flavor and just as rich and creamy as mashed potatoes when you follow this recipe.
If you are busy and you want a healthy dinner, this dish can be whipped up in a hurry.
The nutrient rich cauliflower makes this a healthy flavorful dish. Anyone that tries this will love it regardless if they are on a healthy diet or not! But for anyone who is doing keto or on a low-carb or paleo diet, this will fit right in.
Perfect for a side dish with pork, beef and chicken.
- 1 medium cauliflower head, florets only
- 2-3 whole garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 T. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 T. unsweetened almond milk
- 1 t. garlic powder
- 1 t. onion powder
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- 3 T. fresh chives, chopped
- Place the cauliflower florets and the garlic cloves into a steamer basket set over a pot of gently boiling water. Cover and steam until the cauliflower is fork-tender, around 15 minutes.
- Transfer the cauliflower and garlic to a food processor or blender and add the olive oil, almond milk, garlic powder, and onion powder. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and process until smooth and creamy. Taste and adjust the seasonings, as desired.
- Transfer to a serving bowl and top with fresh chives before serving. Enjoy!
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 8g||12.3%|
|Saturated Fat 1g||5%|
|Trans Fat 0g|
|Total Carbohydrate 8g||2.7%|
|Dietary Fiber 4g||16%|
|Vitamin A||Vitamin C|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
You Can Be Healthy Too
When steaming your cauliflower, save time by steaming the garlic along with it.
About the Author
I live a healthy lifestyle and love inspiring others to take charge of their health. I enjoy sharing what I have learned in my own struggle to lose weight and get healthy. I am enjoying a keto lifestyle and have lost over 40 pounds so far. I have more energy than ever and feel 20 years younger!