One-Skillet Mozzarella Chicken Thighs
For a tasty dinner that you can do using one pan, this one-skillet mozzarella chicken thighs recipe is a must-try! Juicy chicken thighs smothered in fresh mozarella cheese and cherry tomatoes will satisfy your taste buds.
- 3 T. extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1½ T. Italian seasoning, divided
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- 3 T. unsalted butter
- ¼ c. chicken broth, preferably organic
- ½ c. multi-colored cherry tomatoes, quartered*
- 8 oz. fresh Mozzarella cheese, sliced
- ½ t. red pepper flakes
- Optional garnish:
- Sprigs fresh basil
- *Multi-color tomatoes suggested for visual appeal. Can substitute fresh tomatoes of choice.
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large, oven-safe skillet over medium heat.
- Rub the chicken thighs with the remaining olive oil and sprinkle both sides with one tablespoon Italian seasoning. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and transfer to the hot skillet.
- Cook for 4-5 minutes per side, or until the chicken develops a golden crust. Remove from heat and add butter, chicken broth, and cherry tomatoes. Top each chicken thigh with a slice of fresh Mozzarella cheese and sprinkle with crushed red pepper flakes and remaining Italian seasoning. Season with additional salt and black pepper, if desired.
- Transfer skillet into pre-heated oven and roast for 15-20 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through and the Mozzarella is melted. Remove from oven and allow chicken to rest for 5 minutes.
- To serve, top chicken with some pan sauce and fresh basil sprigs, if desired.
Serve with loaded cauliflower au gratin for a complete LCHF meal or your choice of sides. Enjoy!
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Carbohydrate 1.88g||0.6%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.3g||1.2%|
|Vitamin A||Vitamin C|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
You Can Be Healthy Too
I added some fresh garlic as well since, for me, everything tastes better with it!
About the Author
I live a healthy lifestyle and love inspiring others to take charge of their health. I enjoy sharing what I have learned in my own struggle to lose weight and get healthy. I am enjoying a keto lifestyle and have lost over 40 pounds so far. I have more energy than ever and feel 20 years younger!