Pulled Pork Lettuce Wraps – Slow Cooker Goodness
Throw the ingredients in the crock pot and let them cook. This pork will melt in your mouth while having a crunchy, healthy wrap.
You can have guilt-free seconds and even thirds!
- 2 lbs. pork shoulder
- 2 t. onion powder
- 1 t. garlic powder
- 2 t. dried rosemary
- 2 t. smoked paprika
- ½ t. cayenne pepper
- 1 t. ground fennel seeds
- 2 t. cocoa powder
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1/3 c. organic sugar-free chicken broth
- 8 iceberg or butter lettuce leaves
- Combine all spices and the cocoa in a small bowl and season with salt and black pepper, to taste. Rub the spice mix all over the pork shoulder and transfer to a 5 or 6-quart slow cooker crock. Add the chicken broth to the crock and cook on high for 4 hours or on low for 6.
- Once the cooking time is complete, use two forks to pull the pork apart while it is still in the slow cooker crock. Allow the pulled pork to remain in the juices with the slow cooker set to “warm” for 20-30 minutes to absorb more flavor.
- To serve, fill each lettuce leaf with some crunchy broccoli slaw and top with some pulled pork. Enjoy!
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 5g||7.7%|
|Total Carbohydrate 2g||0.7%|
|Vitamin A||Vitamin C|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
You Can Be Healthy Too
Be sure that after you pull the pork apart, you let it sit in its juices in the crock pot for a few minutes to absorb all that yummy flavor!
You can adjust the seasonings to you and your family’s tastes. If you like more spice, add more cayenne pepper.
About the Author
I live a healthy lifestyle and love inspiring others to take charge of their health. I enjoy sharing what I have learned in my own struggle to lose weight and get healthy. I am enjoying a keto lifestyle and have lost over 40 pounds so far. I have more energy than ever and feel 20 years younger!